Proper breastfeeding posture
- The correct breastfeeding posture allows you to enjoy whole lactation!
- Laid-back position is the most biological nursing. The latest research shows that the proper breastfeeding posture is that the baby is vertically attached to the mother’s abdomen, this position allows the baby to actively looking for nipples. Thus, baby’s mouth can better contain the nipple and most of the areola, which is the best breastfeeding status.
Method of cleaning nipples
- Use warm water clean the nipple to avoid nipple splitting.
How to choose the supportive nursing bra?
- Nursing bra made from a breathable material like cotton, or a fabric are most suitable.
How to prevent Mastitis?
- Maintain the correct breastfeeding posture.
- If there is a nipple split, the breastfeeding should be suspended or change to using breast pump.
- Empty the breast milk in time to avoid excessive accumulation of milk and induce mastitis.
- Should be balanced diet, avoid over make up.
Q: How to relieves engorged breast immediately?
A: (1) Using breast pump: Appropriately hand expression or brief use of a breast pump may relieve the engorged breast.
(2) Hot Compress: Hot compress on the part of engorged breast for 5 minutes before breastfeeding, it can accelerate the flow of breastmilk.
(3) Cold Compress: Cold compresses for 5 minutes after breastfeeding, it will reduce pain.
Q: Can mastitis breast-feed after fever?
A: When fever does not exceed 38.5°c, there is no need to stop feeding.
Q: Can antibiotics be used during lactation?
A: It is generally recommended to stop breastfeeding after taking antibiotics. After 24-48 hours of withdrawal, breast-feeding can continue.
Q: How long does it take for breastfeeding?
A: World Health Organization (WHO) recommends breastfeeding for at least 6 months, and it is better to reach 2 years of age.
Q: TCM postpartum breast care suitable for?
A: TCM postpartum breast care suitable for who are facing initial mastitis, postpartum hypogalactia, engorged breast problems. When the fever caused by mastitis exceeds 38oc or suppurative, physician recommend that visit to the hospital immediately.
BENEFITS OF BREASTFEEDING
1.Benefits to Baby
- Breast milk provides the best nutrition for babies.
- Breast milk decreases the baby’s risk of infections and diseases.
- Breast milk promotes healthy weight gain.
2.Benefits to Mother
- Breastfeeding speeds up involution of the uterus.
- Breastfeeding lowers the mother’s risk of specific diseases (such as breast and ovarian cancer).
- Breastfeeding helps with postnatal weight loss.